Kitesurfing – how about trying it yourself?
There’s something hypnotizing in watching kitesurfers riding their boards on a sunny day by the seaside. How about trying it yourself?
If you are an action sports enthusiast or you would like to try it for the first time and you just need some encouragement, read on to find out about the benefits of kitesurfing.
Kitesurfing is not only an action sport but also an excellent exercise for your body and your mind. Researchers working on action sports, such as kitesurfing, say that this kind of activity offers the potential for developing different skills and promotes self-expression and creativity in the use of space and movement.
Besides, they are just pure fun. What are other reasons to get involved in kitesurfing? Check out our list of benefits of kitesurfing.
These are a few benefits that the continued practice of kitesurfing can bring to your physical and mental health:
- It tones the body. Your arms and abdomen get stronger, which results in turn in a physical improvement of the abductors and legs too. The strength in your arms in increased by holding the kite, in legs by bending over the board to ride, and the muscles of the hands by grabbing the bar.
- It combines aerobics and resistance exercises. This combination is ideal for keeping a balance weight, toning your figure and working on your physical strength. All of these elements are essential to keeping your heart strong and healthy.
- It eliminates stress and improves your immunity. This is the power of any sport or physical activity. However, if it is an action sport, adrenaline rushes get much higher, which creates a fantastic feeling of wellness. Additionally, by boosting endorphins (the happy hormones) and reducing your stress levels, you help your immune system.
- It improves coordination and concentration. When you kitesurf, you focus on a few tasks at the same time and you must keep the kite in the air with one hand while you enter the water grabbing the board with the other hand.By multitasking, you work on your coordination and you improve your balance.
- It increases your relexes. The way of navigation and jumping in kitesurfing, in which you need to make instant decisions about movement and position of the bar, your body, and board, makes you find solutions in difficult situations on the water, improving your reflexes and reaction capacity.
- You experience something new. Kitesurfing allows you to experience new sensations, such as the feeling of flying, which increases your level of happiness.
- You learn to appreciate the environment. When you interact with the environment, kitesurfing helps you foster respect for the ocean, animals and nature in general. On top of that, kitesurfing makes you breathe fresh air away from the city smog.
- It’s helps with your social skills. When you practice kitesurfing, you enter a community and meet other people who like the same activities.This can help you interact with people with similar interests and tastes, improves your relationships and your communication skills. You simply get to know a group of people whom you can talk freely about your passion with.
Sounds encouraging? What are you waiting to learn kitesurfing? With kitesurfing regular practive is just fun. And the more you practice, the fitter and happier you will be.